Introduced in the mid 70’s, the Stingray bass is a true icon and is generally known for the punch of their sound, making them very suitable for rock/funk applications and excellent for slapping, and for being of extremely high build quality. Available as both 4-string and 5-string and can be orsered with either a single humbucker, humbucker/singlecoil or dual humbuckers, every bass player can find it’s fit.
Since its introduction in 1976, the Music Man StingRay has been embraced as one of the world’s classic electric bass designs. To celebrate, Ernie Ball Music Man is proud to introduce the 40th Anniversary “Old Smoothie” StingRay, a faithful reproduction of StingRay prototype #26, designed for Sterling Ball during development of the original prototypes back in the 70’s. Named for its smooth even tone that is reminiscent of the highly sought after vintage Music Man StingRay sound, “Old Smoothie” has been precisely reproduced including the one-of-a-kind custom made 10 pole piece pickup design, body headstock and pickguard shape, 34-inch scale maple neck and fingerboard, high profile narrow frets, active electronics, hardware and exclusive chocolate-burst finish.
- Alder body, high gloss polyester
- Select maple neck & fretboard
- Natural aged light yellow neck finish
- Schaller BM tuners
- Music Man chrome plated steel bridge plate
- Vintage stainless steel saddles and adjustable mute pads
- Custom “Old smoothie” 2-band active preamp
- Custom “Old smoothie” humbucker with 10 elongated Alnico magnets