The Ernie Ball Music Man Modern Classics pays homage to the vintage styling and cosmetic appeal of Leo Fender’s original Music Man models. Updated vintage spec electronics, super smooth modern hardware, and lightweight bodies are welcome refinements to these new modern renditions. Flawless craftsmanship throughout make these new modern classics a perfect culmination of old world aesthetics and styling with modern design and playability.
The Cutlass RS HSS in Vintage Sunburst features a roasted figured maple neck with maple fretboard. This model retains all of the familiar elements of the original Cutlass including an alder body, super smooth modern tremolo and oversized 4 over 2 headstock. The bridge pickup is a custom wound Music Man ceramic humbucker with a vintage sound that compliments the single coils yet has plenty of crunchy rhythms and biting lead tones.
- Weight: 7 lbs, 7 oz (3.37 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Alder
- Body Color: Vintage Sunburst
- Bridge: Music Man® Modern tremolo with vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard: Shell
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Neck Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width, Stainless Steel
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Roasted Figured
- Neck Finish: Hand rubbed oil and wax finish
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts with sculpted neck joint
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: Volume and Tone controls with buffered output for tonal consistency at all volume levels
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: 1x Music Man® custom humbucker 2x Music Man® custom wound single coils