Korg SP280BK Black Digital Piano
Beautiful piano sound, with a stylish design that matches your decor
The SP-280 provides a playing feel that's incredibly close to that of an acoustic piano by switching between four piano samples according to the dynamics of your performance. From delicate pianissimo to dynamic fortissimo, the sound will respond realistically to how you play. In particular, the "Grand Piano" sound reproduces the damper resonance that is heard when you press the damper pedal of an acoustic piano, heightening your experience of the overall piano sound and making it even more enjoyable to play.
Authentic vintage electric piano sounds, perfect for live performance. Special attention has been paid to the high-quality electric piano sounds, which are period-accurate and highly satisfying. The standard electric piano sounds reproduce not only the way in which the tone responds to your touch, but also the subtle noises that occur when you release a key. Six varieties are provided, covering the sounds widely used in the pop music of the '60s and '70s, as well as the tones valued in soul music.
Including the acoustic and electric piano sounds, the SP-280 contains 30 richly expressive and high-quality sounds, including organs, clavs, harpsichord, strings, and more. There's also a Layer Mode that lets you play two sounds together, and a Partner Mode that divides the keyboard into left and right regions so that two people can play the same range of pitches. Two headphone jacks make it convenient for two people to enjoy playing the SP-280 together.
There are three effects: brilliance adjusts the brightness of the tone, reverb simulates the natural ambience (reverberation) of a concert hall, and chorus adds spaciousness.
The SP-280 features two onboard amplifiers that deliver 2 x 22 Watts of output power; the highest in its class. Delivering ample richness, deep lows and sparkling highs, the SP-280's amplifiers make the expressive piano tones sound even better. Since the speakers are capable of producing high volume, they can provide plenty of power for a small live event without requiring a PA system to be connected.
In the spirit of Korg's SP-250 digital piano, which was highly acclaimed for its distinctive design, the SP-280 achieves an even more stylish appearance. Its modern, curvilinear aesthetic will match any decor, and attention has also been paid to the design of the instrument’s back side, so that it will also look good on stage. This design eliminates the fixed idea that a piano should be played with its back to the wall, giving you the freedom to place your instrument wherever you like. You also have a choice of color–black or white–to best suit the atmosphere of your room.
The Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keyboard provides the same playing feel as on an acoustic piano, with heavier action in the lower register and a lighter response as you play upward into the higher register, and allowing the nuances of your playing to be faithfully expressed by the sound. The Key Touch Control function gives you three levels of adjustment to specify how your playing dynamics will affect the output, letting you enjoy performing in a way that suits your own playing touch.
Because the SP-280 is designed to be placed anywhere you like, it was built with portability in mind. Including the stand, it weighs less than 42 lbs (a reduction of approximately 30% compared to the SP-250 that preceded it). A sturdy metal stand is also included. Setup is easy, and leaves the floor uncluttered.
LINE IN and LINE OUT jacks. You can connect a portable audio player or similar device to the LINE IN jack (stereo mini-jack) and listen to it through the SP-280's speakers while you play along, offering a convenient and simple setup for live performance. You can also use the LINE OUT jacks (phone jacks) to connect amplified speakers or a recording device.
The included damper pedal will function as a half-damper pedal, allowing you to vary the damper effect by how far you press the pedal. If an optional pedal unit (PU-2) is connected, you'll also be able to use soft and sostenuto pedals in addition to the damper pedal. This gives you three pedals just as on an acoustic piano, and is recommended for the serious piano student or performer.
The SP-280 supports MIDI, the unified standard for transferring performance data between electronic musical instruments and computers. MIDI allows connected devices to control each other, and lets you use the SP-280 as a 16-part multi-timbral sound module.
- two colours to chose from. Black or white
- Keyboard: 88 notes (A0–C8), NH Keyboard (Natural Weighted Hammer Action)
- Touch selection: Light, Normal, Heavy
- Pitch: Transpose, Fine tuning
- Temperament: 9 kinds
- Sound generation: Stereo Piano System
- Maximum polyphony: 120 voices
- Sounds: 30 (10 x 3 Banks); Acoustic Piano x 5, Electric Grand, Electric Piano x 6, Harpsichord, Clavi x 2, Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic Guitar, Jazz Organ x 3, Pipe Organ x 3, Strings x 3, Choir 3
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb and Chorus (3 levels each)
- Demo Songs: 30 (Sound Demo song x 10, Piano Demo Song x 20)
- Metronome: Tempo, Time signature, Accent, Sound and Volume controls
- Connections: Line Out (L/MONO, R), Line In, MIDI (In, Out), Headphones x 2, Pedal, Pedal uni
- Amplification: 22 Watt × 2
- Speakers: Oval (16 cm – 8cm) x 2
- Pedals: Damper, half-pedaling supported, or optional 3 Pedal unit (PU-2, Sold separately)
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano Song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, Up, Down, Metronome
- Power supply: DC 19 V, AC adapter (included)
- Power Consumption: 15W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,361 × 406 × 785 mm / 53.58 × 15.98 × 30.91 inches (including Stand, excluding Music stand)
- Weight: 19 kg / 41.89 lbs (including Stand, excl musicstand)
- Accessories: AC adapter, Music Stand, Stand, and Damper pedal
- Options: Pedal unit PU-2