This mic is the ultimate combination of solid state performance and versatility. Based on the chassis and feature spec of the acclaimed 4400a, but with the highly specialized capsule of the original sE Titan, it delivers full and perfectly balanced mid and low frequencies, while its titanium capsule produces un-hyped but ultra-detailed HF response.
the 4400a sounds great on everything. Vocals, guitars, toms, overheads, classical pianos, strings, you name it. Its tonal versatility is practically unmatched, without the shortcomings of vintage mics.
THE TITANIUM DIAPHRAGM
Unusually, the T2 features a hand-crafted titanium-sputtered capsule. This is much stiffer than our gold-sputtered capsules, meaning quicker transient response, which is important when recording instruments that create fast transients and attack - like drums and percussion - as it enables the microphone to maintain clarity and deliver exceptionally accurate performances.
The stiffness of this special diaphragm also allows it to withstand extremely high sound pressure levels, so it can handle the loudest percussion with ease.
CUSTOM SHOCKMOUNT + CHASSIS
The flat, round-edged chassis design and custom suspension mount allow the mic to be centered within the shock, flipped around and used flat against a drum head or guitar cab, or angled outwards and pushed through inside of a kick drum. And at less than 3/4" thick, it fits neatly in the palm of your hand, but is built to take a beating on the road.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 32mm Twin Titanium/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Hyper Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 25.12 mV/Pa (-32 dB)
- Max SPL: 122/132/142 dB (0/-10/-20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB
- Self Noise: 16 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 60/120 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10/-20 dB
- Matching Connectors: XLR3F
- Power requirement: 48V phantom
- Weight: 280g